Unit1 How can we become good learners?
1. by doing sth 通过做某事 2. ask sb. for help 请求某人的帮助
3. be patient 耐心点儿 4..improve one’ s speaking skills 提髙某人说的能力
5. read aloud 大声朗读 6. spoken English=oral English英语口语
7. have conversations with sb. 与某人交谈 8. listen to tapes 听磁带
9. make word cards 制作单词卡 10. make mistakes in grammar 犯语法错误
11. make sentences with用.......造句 12. the secret to language learning语言学习的诀窍
13. be afraid to do sth./ of sth,不敢'做某事 14. fall in love with.. . 爱上(fell, fallen)
15. body language 肢体语言 16. take notes 记笔记 (took, taken)
17.learning habits 学习习惯 18. have sth. in common 有...共同点
19. pay attention to (doing )sth注意 (paid) 20. connect…with…把....与....联系起来
21. write down key words 摘抄重点词 22. in class 在课堂上 after class 课后
23. be interested in… 对.......感兴趣= take an interest in…
24. do sth. on one’s own 独立做某事 25. worry about=be worried about 为...而担忧
26. depend on (doing) sth.依赖;取决于 27. look up a word in a dictionary查字典
28. be born with 天生具有 29 repeat: say or do… again
30. how to pronounce 怎样发音 pronunciation 发音 look for 寻找
31. practice doing sth.练习做某事 keep doing sth. 一直做某事
32. each other = one another 彼此，相互 33. a part of... ... ...的一部分
34. even if = even though 即使，虽然 35. instead of (doing) sth 代替
35. bit by bit一点一点地，逐渐地 one by one 一个接着一个
36. the way of doing sth. (to do sth) 做某事的方法 37. at once=right now立刻，马上
38. so that 以便，为了=in order that+从句 in order (not) to do sth为了(不)做某事
39. hide behind躲在...的后面( hid, hidden) the+比较级，the+比较级 越.. ....越
40. wise / wisely active / activity/action memorize / memory discover / discovery
create / creative patient / patience repeat it= say it again
1. What about doing sth ?=How about doing sth.?
例：What about listening to tapes?=Why not listen to tapes?
a. 介词 prep. (指交通等)乘;
例：The man came by bus. 那人是坐公共汽车来的。
They went to Shanghai by plane/ air. 他们坐飞机去上海。
b. 表示做某事的方式、方法 结构：by+V-ing
How do you study for a test?
I study by making word cards.
3. 现在完成时态结构：have done 表示
例：Have you ever studied with a group?
5. It’s +adj+ (for sb) to do sth (it作形式主语，代to do sth.)
It’s too hard (for me) to understand spoken English.
6. The more you read, the faster you’ ll be.
7. find it + adj + to do sth (it作形式宾语,代to do sth.) 例：I find it easy to learn English.
8. It’s a piece of cake. 小菜一碟/太容易了! It takes time, 这得慢慢来/不着急
9. Practice makes perfect. 熟成生巧。 It serves you right. 你活该。
10. Knowledge comes from questioning. 知识源于质疑。
How to learn English well
English is important and useful to us. How can we learn it well? Here are my suggestions.
First, we should often listen to the tapes, English songs and programs. Watching English movies is also helpful to us. Second, we should speak English as much as possible. Don’t be afraid of making mistakes. The more you speak, the fewer mistakes you’ll make. Third, we can read more English newspapers and magazines. At last, we should recite some good passages and keep English diaries.
In a word, as long as we do more listening, speaking, reading and writing practice, I believe we can learn English well.
Unit 2 I think that mooncakes are delicious!
1. the Lantern Festival 元宵节 the Dragon Boat Festival 端午节
the Mid-Autumn Festival 中秋节 the Spring Festival 春节
2. the Water Festival 泼水节 Christmas Day 圣诞节
3. lie (lay, lain) in bed躺在床上(lying) 4. lay out摆开;布置 (laid, laid)
5. put on five pounds 体重增加了五磅 lose weight减肥 (lost)
6. in two weeks 两星期之后 (how soon) 7. share sth with sb 与…分享…8. throw water at each other 互相泼水 9. be in the shape of... 是…样的形状
10. folk stories民间传说故事 11. eat five meals a day 一天吃五餐
12. the story of Chang’e嫦娥的故事 13. a little too有点太
14. have good luck in the new year在新的一年里有好运气 15. as a result结果
16. end up(doing) sth.最终成为;最后处于 end up with以…结束
17. be similar to. 与......相似 be the same as与......一样 be different from与......不一样
18. one ... the other... (两者中)一个…另一个… 19. care about 关心
20. dress up 乔装打扮 21. haunted house 鬼屋
22. play a trick on sb.捉弄某人 23. give out 分发 give up(doing)放弃
24. trick or treat (万圣节用语)不给糖果就捣蛋 treat sb. with. 用/以…对待某人
25. light candles (lit/ lighted) 26. remind sb of … 使某人回想起…
27. take sb around…=show sb around…带某人到处走走
28. warn sb (not) to do sth.警告某人(不要)做某事
refuse to do sth 拒绝做某事 promise (=make a promise)to do sth.承诺做某事
29. the beginning of new life 新生命的开始 30. the importance of…的重要性
31. fly up to飞往(flew, flown) live forever长生不老 wash away洗掉
shoot down射下(shot, shot) wake up醒来 (woke, waken)
32. spread ...around把... ... 传向四周 whether or not 是否
33. die (died, died, dying) v. dead adj. death n.
34, warm / warmth present / gift busy / business/businessman tradition/ traditional steal / stole / stolen spread / spread / spread lie / lay / lain/ lying
1. What do/does+sb. + think of sth. ?=How do/ does sb like ...?
例：What does Wu Yu think of this festival?
a.陈述句(that) b.一般疑问句(if 或whether) c.特殊疑问句(5w,1h)
例：I believe (that) you will succeed in the future. (that口语或非正式文章中可省略)
I heard that he had been back. (主句过去时，从句要用过去时态某一形式)
I don’t know what they are looking for. (陈述句语序)
Could you tell me when the train will leave?
注意：当主句谓语动词是 think, believe, suppose, expect 等词，而宾语从句的意思
例：I don’t think it is right for him to treat you like that.
注意：由whether/ if 引导的宾语从句 由whether(if)引导的宾语从句，实际上是一般
例：I wonder whether(if) they will come to our party.
例：The teacher told us that light travels faster than sound.
如：Could you tell me if he will come back tomorrow? If he comes back, please call me.
I wonder when she will finish this project . When she finishes it, please tell me.
How+adj. /adv. + 主 + 谓!
What (a/an)+ …+名+ 主 + 谓!
例：What an interesting story it is! How tall Yao Ming is!
练习: 用What , What a , What an , How 填空。
1.______ hot the weather is! 2. _____ hard her father works!
3._____ useful book it is ! 4. _____ bad weather!
5.______interesting day it was yesterday! 6. ______ honest man!
7._______beautiful your voice is! 8.______ sad news he told us!
9.________happy she was last weekend! 10.________much I miss you !
11._______ happy life we have! 12._______delicious mooncakes!
How are you? I’m really glad that you are interested in traditional Chinese festivals. There are many traditional festivals in China, such as Spring Festival, Mid-Autumn Day and so on. I’d like to introduce the Spring Festival to you. Spring Festival is the most important traditional holiday in China. It usually lasts for 15 days.
Days before the festival, people clean their houses. They think cleaning sweeps any bad luck. They decorate their houses with paper cutting. On the eve of the festival, family members get together and have big meals. Then they watch the Spring Festival Gala on TV. At midnight, they set off fireworks to welcome the New Year. During the festival, kids get lucky money from old people. People visit their relatives and friends. They wish each a happy year and good luck. How happy we are!
Unit 3 Could you please tell me where the restrooms are?
1. turn left/right 向左/右转 2. on one’ s left/right 在某人的左/右边
3. go along Main Street 沿着主大街走 4. beside the bank 在银行附近
5. between....and... 在.......和.......之间 6. go to the third floor 去三楼
7. pass by=go past 路过，经过 8. how to use the right (proper) language
9. be special about.. . 有……独特之处 10. pardon me 请再说一次
11. come on 过来;加油 12. one one’ s way to... 在去.......的路上
13. something to eat一些吃的东西 14. hold one’ s hand 抓住某人的手
15. mail(send) a letter 寄信 16. spend time leading in to a request花时间导入一个请求
17. in the shopping center 在购物中心 18. any other....其他任何一个...
19. in different situations 在不同情况下 20. park one’ s car 停车
21. an underground parking lot地下停车库 22. such as 例如
23. thank sb. for doing sth. 为…感谢某人 24. look forward to (doing)…期盼…
25. meet sb. for the first time 第一次见到某人 26. No problem.没问题。
27. be convenient to do sth. 做某事很方便 28. a good choice一个好的选择
29. ask for information 寻求信息 30. the corner of.......的角落
31. polite / politely / impolite central / center expensive=dear/ inexpensive/cheap
crowd / crowded / uncrowded speak / speaker/ speech who /whom /whose
Itaty/ Italian in the east / south / west / north eastern/ southern/ western/ northern
You never know until you try something. Don’t open the door until the bus stops.
2. It seems/ seemed (that)…
It seems a rock band plays there every evening.
3. do you know...
例：Excuse me, do you know where I can buy some medicine?
Do you know when the bookstore closes today?
4. Could you please tell me... ?
Could you please tell me how to get to the post office?
5.sb. suggest+ 从句(虚拟语气：should+V )
例：The clerk suggested they go to the museum. (should省略了)
① take some food take some medicine (=have吃，喝)
② take notes做笔记 ③ take one’s temperature ( 测量 )
④ It takes sb some time/money to do something ( 花费，需要 )
⑤ I’ll take this coat.(=buy购买)
⑥ take somebody / something to (带领，拿去，取 ) take sb. with sth.随身带.......
⑦take a train to Chongqing ( 乘坐 ) ⑧ take off( 脱下)
3. turn 的用法
turn to page 80 翻到第八十页 It is your turn.轮到你了。(次序)
at the turning 在转弯处 turn on/ off/ up/ down 关
turn right/ left at the first turning /crossing turn....into...变成
Dear Sir or Madam,
I am a boy from China. I am in Grade Nine. I’ll be coming to your school soon for a short study vacation. I will leave for your school on July 10th. I like English, I also like doing sports. I am glad that I can study in your school. I’d like to know more information about the school.
Could you tell me what course I will study in your school? And I also want to know when the course will start. I want to know where I will stay. Can you tell me? Would you mind telling me where and what I can eat in your school? I like all kinds of activities. Could you please tell me what activities I can do in your school?
The last question, can you tell me how I can get to your school? I would like to thank you for helping me and I‘m looking forward to your reply.
Yours He Wei
Unit 4 I used to be afraid of the dark.
1. used to do sth过去常做某事 (人) be used to doing 习惯于做某事
be used to do 用来做事=be used for doing(被动语态) 2. in public公开地
3. from time to time时常,有时=at times =sometimes 4. give a speech做演讲(gave)
5. deal with处理(dealt) how to deal with=what to do with It’s a deal.就这么定了!
6. tons of 许多的,大量的=plenty of 7. be able to / can能,会 8. in person 亲自
9. look after=take care of 照顾，照料 10. fail an examination考试不及格
11. not...anymore= no more/ not....any longer=no longer不再 fight on继续奋斗(fought)
12. all the time= always 一直 13. a number of= a lot of=lots of 许多，大量
14. be on the soccer team 加入足球队 15. be absent from.......缺席=miss
16. be proud of / take pride in 以.......为荣 17. be nervous about担心.......
17. be there for their children和孩子们在一起 18. 15-year-old 15岁的
20. cause problems 引起麻烦=get into trouble 21. to one’s surprise令某人谅讶的是
22. make a decision=decide (to do) 决定 23. change=influence影响
7. private / personal humor / humorous silent / silence help / helpful Asia/Asian
view / interview / interviewer shy / shyness Africa / African Europe/European
used to do sth. 过去常常做…didn’t use to do sth.=usedn’t to do sth. get/be used to sth./doing sth. 习惯于…
be used to do 被用于做…(被动语态)
be used by 由(被)…使用(被动语态)
be used as … 被当做…使用(被动语态)
be used for doing 被用于做…(被动语态)
例: I used to go to work by bus. Now I take a taxi.
He used to be a problem boy. She used to be very shy.
I’m used to drinking a cup of water after meal.
He’s been used to living in the dormitory.
This machine is used to clean the floor.
The girl is being used as a servant in the house.
A knife can be used for cutting bread.
afford sth 买得起…… afford to do sth 有足够的…去做…
例：His mother couldn’t afford to pay for her child’s education.
They did not consider whether they could afford the time or not.
We can’t afford to pay such a price. (such和so区别见P110)
3) take pride in sth/ sb = be proud of sth/ sb 为…感到自豪
例：He was watching me and take pride in everything good I do.
I take pride in my child. =I’m proud of my child.
注：He take pride in everything good I do. 这是一个定语从句。省略了关系代词that。
One of the/形容词性物主代词+Ns 谓语用三单
例：He is now one of the best students in his class
He is one of the most popular teachers in our school.
One of his most expensive pens has been lost.
The yellow river is the second largest river in china.
Mount Qomolangma is the first highest mountain around the world.
练习：1. He used to (be) poor, but now he is rich and he can afford (buy) the most expensive car.
2. Tom takes pride his son, because he climbed the (two) (high) mountain successfully.
3. She is used to (help) anyone that gets into trouble.
One of the (difficult) things (be) to believe yourself.
4.——Hey, what is it used to do?
——Well, it’s used (cut )down the tree.
How I’ve Changed
My life has changed a lot in the last few years. When I was a little child, I used to play with my friends all day long. We found that almost anything could bring fun to us. But now, I am growing up, things seem to change gradually that I don't realize.
I had a lot of time to play before, but now nearly all my time is spent on study and homework. I used to watch cartoons, but now I prefer news and English programs. Generally speaking, things turn better. Now, I am interested in reading and writing. I think that the more good books I read, the more knowledge I get.
The biggest change in my life was that I began to love sports at the age of ten. This is the most important change. Because I didn’t use to play sports after school. When I was ten years old, I often fell ill. So my parents encouraged me to play sports after school. Now I’m really interested in sports and I’m much healthier.
Unit 5 What are the shirts made of?
1.be made of 由...制作/制造(材料) 2.be made in在...制作/制造 (产地)
3.be made from由......制造/制成 4.environmental protection环境保护
5.be famous for 以......闻名;为人知晓 be known for以......闻名
6. be produced in在......生产 7. be used for被用于......
8.as far as I know据我所知 9.pick by hand手工采摘
10. turn... into把......变成...... 11. no matter不论, 不管怎样
12.all over(around) the world全世界 13.even though即使
14.avoid doing sth避免做某事 15.everyday things日常用品
16.find out 查明;弄清(found) 17.go on a vacation去度假 (went, gone)
18.paper cutting剪纸 19.such as 例如
20. send for发送;派人去请 21.send out发出;放出;发送 (sent)
22.be covered with被......覆盖 23.rise into上升到;升入 (rose, risen)
24.put on 张贴 (put) 25.as symbols of作为......的象征
26.fairy tale 童话故事 a pair of scissors 一把刀 heavy/ much/little traffic (U)
27. all over (around) the world全世界 28. according to 根据，依据
29. at a very high heat 在高温下 30. in trouble 处在困境下
31. different kinds of 不同种类的 32. in all parts of the world在世界各地
33. heat / hot France/ French Germany/ German(s) produce / product leaf / leaves
live / lively / living / alive / life (lives) nation/ national/ international its/ it’s
1.辨析：be made of 由...制作/制造(材料)：在成品中能看出原材料
be made from由...制造/制成(材料)：在成品中看不出原材料
be made in在...制作/制造 (产地) Made in China.中国制造
例：The desk is made of wood. The paper is made from wood.
This kind of plane is made in China.
2. be famous for 以...闻名;为人知晓 be known for因...而闻名
be famous as作为...而闻名 be known as作为...而闻名
例：Jingdezhen is famous for china. China is famous for its tourism.
Mo Yan is very famous as a writer.
3. allow sb to do sth允许某人做某事 allow doing sth
be allowed to do sth
例：Please allow me to come in.-My boss doesn't allow me to use the telephone.
We were not allowed to talk in class.
They allowed smoking in this room only.
即只可说allow doing sth，不可说allow to do sth.
Cats eat fish. (主动语态)猫吃鱼。 Fish is eaten by cats. (被动语态)鱼被猫吃。 ②被动语态的构成：由“助动词be +及物动词的过去分词”构成。助动词be 有人称、数和时态的变化，其变化规则与be 作为连系动词时完全一
English is spoken in many countries.
This bridge was built in 1989.
The work must be done right now.
主动语态表示主语是动作的执行者。 例如：Many people speak Chinese. 谓语：speak 的动作是由主语 many people 来执行的。
被动语态表示主语是动作的承受者，即行为动作的对象。 例如：Chinese is spoken by many people. 主语 English 是动词 speak 的承受者。
(二)被动语态的构成 被动语态由 “助动词 be+及物动词的过去分词” 构成。人称、数和时态的变化是通过 be 的变化表现出来的。现以speak 为例说明被动语态在各种时态中的构成。
过去完成时：had been + spoken
(1)不知道或没有必要说明动作的执行者是谁。 例如：Some new computers were stolen last night. 一些新电脑在昨晚被盗了。(不知道是谁偷的)
He is often asked to sing songs. 经常有人叫他唱歌。
The glass was broken by Mike.玻璃杯是迈克打破的。
This book was written by him.这本书是他写的。
Your homework must be finished on time.你们的家庭作业必须及时完成。
(2)把谓语变成被动结构(be+过去分词) (根据被动语态句子里的主语的人称和数，以及原来主动语态句子中动词的时态来决定 be 的形式)。
(3)把主动语态中的主语放在介词 by 之后作宾语，将主格改为宾格。
例如： All the people laughed at him. → He was laughed at by all people.
They make the bikes in the factory. → The bikes are made by them in the factory.
He cut down a tree. → A tree was cut down by him.
(五)含有情态动词的被动语态 含有情态动词的主动句变成被动句时，由 “情态动词+be+过去分词” 构成
例如：We can repair this watch in two days. →This watch can be repaired in two days.
They should do it at once. →It should be done at once.
1.He made the boy work for two hours yesterday.
→The boy was made to work by him for two hours yesterday.
2.Mother never lets me watch TV .→I am never let to watch TV by mother.
3.Jack gave Peter a Christmas present just now.
→(1)A Christmas present was given to Peter by Jack just now.
→(2)Peter was given a Christmas present by Jack just now.
Lanterns have been around for about 1800 years. They were first used for lighting in the old days. Today, they are used at festivals and other celebrations. Chinese people love lanterns very much because they’re symbols of good luck and family reunion.
From Spring Festival to Lantern Festival, lanterns are hung up everywhere. Lanterns were usually made of bamboo and paper in the old days. Now they are made of many kinds of materials, such as steel, silk, cloth, plastic and so on. They are made all around China. Lanterns are made in the shape of different animals, vegetables, fruits and many other things
Unit 6 When was it invented?
1.by accident偶然;意外地 by mistake 错误地;无意中 2.divide …into把…分成…
3.take place发生 happen发生(没有被动形式) 4. change the world改变世界
5.all of a sudden=suddenly 突然;猛地 6. My pleasure乐意效劳
7. It is said that…据说…… It is believe that…人们相信……;人们认为……
8. drinking water 饮用水 9. fall into掉入，掉进， fall off从……摔下来(fell fallen)
10. produce a nice smell 散发出一种清香 11. without doubt 毫无疑问;
12. at a low / high price 低/ 高价 13. translate…into…把……译成
14. in the end=at last=finally最后 15. at the same time同时
16. stop /keep/ prevent…from doing sth 阻止……做某事 17. look up to 仰慕
18. encourage sb. to do sth. 鼓励某人做某事 19. dream of 梦想;梦见…
20. achieve one’s dream / 实现梦想 one’s dream comes true
21. have a point 有道理 22. not only…but also…不但……而且……
23. the Olympics 奥林匹克运动会 24. come up with 想出
10. nearly / almost low/ high pleasure (n.)/ pleasant (adj.)/ pleased
music / musical / musician salt / salty custom / customer hero/ heroes
popular /popularity profession /professional accident /accidental Canada/ Canadian
1. 辨析invent; find; find out; discover
例：Who invented the telephone?
He invented a new teaching method.
例：We've found oil under the South Sea.
I finally found my English book.
例：I've found you out at last.
Please find out when the ship sails for New York.
Please find out what time the delegation will come.
Columbus discovered America in1492.
We soon discovered the truth. 我们很快就弄清了真相。
a.Edison ____ the electric lamp.
b.I lost my necklace last night.I haven’t ____ it.
c.Who ____ America first?
d.Can you ____ what time the train leaves?
Computers are becoming more and more important in our daily life. Do you know when the computer was invented ?
The computer was invented in 1946. At that time , it was huge. With the development of science and technology, the computer has grown smaller. Now there are many kinds of computers, such as personal computers and laptops. The computer is a very useful tool in our life.
For example , it can send some messages to foreign friends by e-mail. What's more , it can share information with others through the World Wide Web. We can also listen to music or play the game on computers. It makes us relax.
It’s hard to imagine what our life would be like without computers. I think computers will be more convenient and they are going to change our life completely in the near future.
Unit 7 Teenagers should be allowed to choose their own clothes.
1. choose their own clothes选择自己的衣服(chose, chosen) end up as 最终成为
2. be serious about对…认真，严肃 3. care about担心
4. eight hours’ sleep八小时的睡眠 5. driver’s/driving license驾照
6. instead of doing sth代替做某事 7. wear uniforms穿校服(wore, worn)
8. be good for对…有益 be bad for对…有害 make sure确信 (made)
9. a fifteen-year-old boy一个15岁的男孩 sixteen-year-olds十六岁的青少年
10. talk back(to sb.)回嘴，顶嘴 11. volunteer to do sth志愿做某事
12. make my own decision 做自己的决定 13. old people’s home养老院
14. the importance of …的重要性 15. make sure确保
16. a professional runner一个专业的赛跑者 against doing sth反对做某事
17.keep…away from远离 get in the way of挡…路;妨碍
18. stay up 熬夜 grow up 长大 19. a part-time job兼职
20. be strict with sb. 对某人严厉 be strict in sth对某事严厉
21. serious enough 足够严肃 22. get/have sth. done 叫某人把某事做了
23. regret doing sth. 后悔做了某事 24. manage one’s own life安排好自己的生活
25. spend…on sth. / (in) doing sth.花费……在……上面 (spent)
26. safe/ safely/ safety danger/ dangerous enter=come/go into tiny/huge
bad/badly good/well choose (chose, chosen)/ choice educate/ education
1.She is a sixteen-year-old girl.=She is sixteen years old.
2. allow sb. to do sth. 允许某人做某事(主动语态) allow doing sth 允许做某事
be allowed to do sth. 被允许做某事(被动语态)
Mother allows me to watch TV every night.
Lily is allowed to go to America.
3. get their ears pierced 穿耳洞
让/使(别人)做某事 get sth. done(过去分词) have sth. done
I get my hair cut. == I have my hair cut. (过去分词作宾语补足语)
People around the world like products made in China
4. enough 足够
形容词+enough 如：beautiful enough 足够漂亮
enough+名词 如：enough food 足够食物 enough…to 足够…去做…
例：I have enough money to go to Beijing. 我有足够的钱去北京。
She is old enough to go to school.她够大去读书了。
5. stop doing sth. 停止做某事 Please stop speaking. stop to do sth. 停止下来去做某事 Please stop to speak.
stop sb. (from) doing sth. 阻止某人做某事
can’t stop doing sth. 情不自禁做某事=can’t help doing sth.
a bus stop一个公共汽车停靠站
常用的系动词有：look, feel, be, become, get, turn, smell, taste, stay(保持), kept等。连系动词除be和become等少数词可接名词作表语外，一般都是接形容词。
例：They are very happy. He became a doctor two years ago.
She felt very tired. The grass turns green.
7. get in the way of 碍事，妨碍 如：
Her social life got in the way of her studies.
also 用于句中 I also like apples. either用于否定句句末 I don’t like apples, either. (Either of you is right.两者之一)
too 用于肯定句句末 I like apples, too. (注意too silly太傻)
I do not agree with the rule that I must be home for dinner every day. This is because the rule affects my social life. It takes away important opportunities for me to spend time with my friends. As a result, my life is quite uninteresting sometimes. I think I should be allowed to have dinner with my friends once in a while. For example, I would like to hang out with my classmates until after dinner on some Fridays. I wish my parents will allow me to do this if I promise not to stay out too late and if there is no important family activity on those days.
Unit 8 it must belong to Carla.
1.belong to属于 2. must be一定是 mustn’t do不准做 could/might be可能是
3. can’t be不可能是 4. at school在学校 at the picnic在野餐
5.go to the concert去听音乐会 attend a concert参加音乐会
6. run for exercise (U)跑步锻炼 7.catch a bus赶公共汽车 (caught)
8. next door neighbor 隔壁邻居 9.point out指出 pick up 捡起，拾起
10.listen to pop music听流行音乐 light music轻音乐 folk music民间音乐
country music乡村音乐 foreign music外国音乐 classical music听古典音乐
jazz爵士乐 rock摇滚乐 11. the rest of其余的人或物
12. have no idea不知道 13.at the same time 同时 too…to太……而不能
14. make noises(可数)吵闹 15.an ocean of许许多多、无穷无尽的
16. call the police 报警 17. get on/off 上/下车 get into/ out of the lift上/下电梯
18. have fun doing sth/ with sth. 做某事有趣 19. in a certain way以某种方式
18. value / valuable noise (noisy adj.)/ sound/ voice Britain/ British
sleep / sleepy/ asleep express/ expression police(集体名词)/policeman
receive / accept everybody/ somebody/ anybody/ nobody whose
1. must, might, could, may, can’t+动词原形 表示推测，程度不同
may, might, could有可能, 也许(20%-80%的可能性)
can’t 不可能, 不会(可能性几乎为零)
例：The dictionary must be mine. It has my name on it.
The CD might/could/may belong to Tony, because he likes listening to pop music.
The hair band can’t be Bob’s. After all, he is boy!
2. 当play 指弹奏乐器时，常在乐器前用定冠词
play the guitar play the piano play the violin
play football play basketball play baseball
3. try to do sth.尝试做某事
try/do one’s best to do sth. 尽某人的最大努力去做某事
例：I try to climb the tree.
He tried his best to run.
4.escape from …从哪里逃跑出来
例：He escaped from the burning building.
5. 辨析because of , because
because of +名词/代词/名词性短语
例：I do it because I like it. 我做这件事是因为我喜欢。
I had to move because of my job. 因为工作的原因我得搬家。
6. anything strange 一些奇怪的东西
当形容词修饰something, anything, nothing, everything等不定代词时，
7. there be sb./ sth. doing
例：There is a cat eating fish.
There must be something visiting our home.
8. look for 寻找 指过程 find 找到 指结果
例：I am looking for a pen. 我正在找一支笔。(指找的过程)
I found my pen just now. 我刚刚找到了我的笔。(指找的结果)
9. hear 听 指听的结果
listen (to …)听 指听的过程 如：
例：Did you hear ? 你听到了吗?(指听的结果，听或没听到)
I often listen to the music. 我经常听音乐。(指听的过程)
10. take place 常指“(某事)按计划进行或按计划发生”(二者都无被动)
例:Great changes have taken place in China since 1949.
New things are happening all around us. What happened to him?
例:The meeting will take place next Friday.
例:It happened that I had no money on me.
11. This book must belong to him/me(= be his/mine名词性物主代词)
Because it has his /my name on it.
Last week, in a quiet neighborhood, something strange happened. Victor, a teacher in our school said, “every night we hear strange noises outside our window”.
We now know what was happening in the neighborhood. The director of the local zoo says that three monkeys escaped from(=ran away from) the zoo and was still missing(=lost). These monkeys used to be researched in experiments by scientists in a animal lab the capital city, one of the experiments is called "knocking-bell", in the experiments the monkeys were trained to knock bells for bananas. After they had escaped into the neighborhood, they all tried their best to knock the bell for food at meal time. That is the mystery in neighborhood, and now, there is no more. All the people feel surprised and fun.
Unit 9 I like music that I can dance to.
1. dance to和着……的节拍跳舞 2. along with与……一道
3. in that case既然那样 in case万一 4. cheer up使振作
5. try/ do one’s best (to do sth)尽力 6. plenty of 大量，充足
7. the most moving pieces of music最动人的乐曲 8. stay away from 远离
9. be sure 确定;确信 be sure to do一定要做某事 10.make sure that...确保…;确定…
11. stay out待在外面 12. stay up熬夜 13. spare / free time空闲时间
14. shut off 关闭 15. continue to do sth=go on to do sth.继续做某事
16.stick to(doing)sth坚持;固守 17.in total总共;合计
18.once in a while偶尔;间或 19. marry sb=get married to sb与…结婚
20. It’s a pity. 真可惜。 pain/ painful sad/ sadness move/ moving/ moved
intelligent/ clever/ smart perform/ performer/ performance call/recall
1.prefer的用法( like…better) preferring preferred
【1】prefer A to B、A与B相比较,比较喜欢A
例:I prefer English to Chinese. I prefer fish to meat.
【2】prefer doing A to doing B,A与B相比,比较喜欢做A
例：I prefer swimming to running.
【3】prefer to do A rather than do B，A与B相比,比较喜欢做A
=would rather do sth. than do sth.
例：I preferred to stay behind rather than go with you.
【4】词组prefer not to do “不愿意做……”
2. whatever 相当于no matter what
例:Wherever you go, whatever you do, I’ll be right here waiting for you.
3. cheer up高兴起来;振作起来 使欢乐;使高兴
例:Cheer up!Your troubles will soon be over.
He tried to cheer them up with funny stories.
3. marry娶;嫁;结婚;和...结婚 marry sb. / get married (to sb.)表示动作
例. He married a pretty girl.
She married a soldier. =She got married to a soldier.
They got married last year.=They have been married for one year.
4. keep healthy 保持健康
例. In order to keep healthy, he keeps jogging every day.
keep in good health, keep fit和 stay healthy 都表示“保持健康”
Negroes and heroes eat tomatoes and potatoes这些词变复数时要加是-es,
其余以o结尾的加-s。 photos, kilos, radios, pianos, zoos
an interesting book 形容词interesting做定语修饰book
a book that is interesting that is interesting句子做定语修饰book
interesting/that is interesting作用是相同的,都是用作定语来修饰名词book, 这种在复合句中修饰名词或代词的从句叫做定语从句。
I like music that I can dance to. (作宾语)
I prefer singers who can write their own songs. (作主语)
(指物)A plane is a machine that can fly. (作主语)
The noodles(that)I cooked were delicious. (作宾语)
(指人)Who is the man that is reading the book over there? (作主语)
The girl (that) we say yesterday was Jim’s sister. (作宾语)
I like a sandwich that is really delicious.
I love singers who are beautiful.
(指物)The silk which is produced in Hangzhou sells well. (作主语)
The songs (which)Liu Dehua sang were very popular. (作宾语)
(指人)例.The boy who break the window is called Roy. (作主语)
The person to whom you just talked is Mr. Li.(作宾语)
注5： Whose 在从句中作定语指人或物的所有格
I like the girl whose hair is long. (作定语)
The house whose roof is round has been sold.
My favorite kind of music is old music. I’ll Never Forget My Mom is my favorite song. I like it because it is beautiful. The lyrics are very great. It was written by Liu Zheng. Many famous singers like Cheng Lin, Liu Hegang, and Tan Jing once sang it. When I listened to it, I thought of my mom. The mother’s love is the greatest love in the world. I was moved by these lyrics. I think you should listen to it, because it can help us love our mothers more.
Unit 10 You are supposed to shake hands.
1. be supposed to do sth=be expected to do sth=should do sth被期望/要求做某事;应该
2. shake hands 握手 3. drop by 顺便拜访 knock on/at a door敲门
4. after all毕竟;终归 5. pick up 拾起;捡起 接某人
6. make a noise 发出噪音 7. table manners 餐桌礼仪
8. get used to (doing)sth习惯于 9. be relaxed about对…随意/放松
10. get mad/angry大动肝火;气愤 11.clean…off 把…擦掉
12.take off脱下(衣服);(飞机等)起飞 13.make an effort(to do)作出努力=try to do
14.make sb feel at home使某人感到宾至如归 15.cut up切开; 切碎
16.be (well) worth (doing) (很)值得做… 17.make friends with与…交朋友
18.as soon as一…就… 19. greet sb=say hello to sb
20. be different from 与…不同 21.on time 按时 in time及时
22. go out of one’s way (to do) 特地;格外努力 clean…off把……擦掉
23. as…as sb. can / could= as…as possible尽可以地 be worth doing sth. 值得做某事
24. table manners/ good/bad manners cost/ be worth suggest/ suggestion(C) /advice(U)
except/besides behave/ behavior Brazil/ Brazilian empty/ full/ fill
1. (1)suppose：猜想;假设 suppose that表示“猜测;假设”，that可省
例：I suppose he is a student.
(2)be supposed to do sth=be expected to do sth被期望做某事，应该做某事。
相当于 should 和ought to
例：We are supposed to stop smoking.
You are supposed to say hello to the foreigners.
【练习】You are supposed _____ hands when you meet for the first time.
A. to shake B. shake C. shaking D. shook
2. make plans to do == plan to do. 打算做某事
例She has made plans to go to Beijing.=She has planed to go to Beijing.
3. go out of one’s way to do 特意，专门做某事
例：He went out of his way to make me happy.
4. In Switzerland, it’s very important to be on time.
例：To clean the blackboard is your job.
=It’s your job to clean the blackboard.
4. We are the capital of clocks and watches, after all. 毕竟我们是钟表王国。
例：After all your brother is a little kid.
【练习】 Don’t be angry with her, _____ she is your mother.
A. at first B. by the way C. after all D. in a word
5. Thanks for...=Thank you for...表示“因...而感谢”，后接名词、代词或者动名词作宾语
例:Thanks for inviting me. Thanks for your invitation.
【练习】Thank you for _____ me to your birthday party.
A. to ask B. asked C. invite D. Inviting
例：I get up early except Sunday. (不包括星期天)
Nobody was late for the meeting except me today.
例：Five others are late besides me. (包含我在内)
7. not ...any more=no more 不再
not... any longer=no longer 不再
例：The boy didn’t cry any more/longer when he saw his mother.
【练习】Don’t try to fool us. We are not children _______
A. any longer B. any more C. after all D. A, B and C
例：Maybe your father is at home.
(2)may be 情态动词：may+动词原形be构成句子的谓语，情态动词may表示推测，译为：也许、可能”。
【练习】Look at that tall man. He ______ your new teacher.
A. maybe B. really be C. to be D. may be
You must be excited about coming to China soon. Let me give you some suggestions and advice about Chinese customs. When you’re eating at the table, it’s impolite to start eating first if there are older people at the table. You should let them start first when you are eating with chopsticks, it is impolite to point at other people with your chopsticks, it is also impolite to stick your chopsticks into the bowl of rice and leave them there.
In our house, you’re supposed to take off your shoes before you enter the house or just inside the front door. In our culture, we don’t usually hug or kiss people.
When you go out with people, you should tell the hostess where you are going, who you are going with and when you will come back. In our culture, the hostess will worry a lot about the safety of her guests, so a polite guest will always let her know these things.
Have a safe trip, and I look forward to meeting you soon!
After school this afternoon, on my way home I met two Americans who lost their way. They forgot the way to the hotel where they stayed. As I knew where the hotel was, I decided to take them there. On the road, we talked a lot. I told them about the great changes in the city. They told me something about the American youth as well.
When they arrived, they thanked me a lot. That made me very happy. Because I not only helped two foreigners, but also realized the importance of learning a foreign language well. I think we should try our best to help each other.
My lucky day
I will always remember the date February 28, This was the luckiest day of my life.
When I woke up that morning, the sky was very dark. I took the early bus to school as usual. As soon as I arrived at school, it started to rain very heavily. Many students were late and were all wet when they got to school. But I wasn’t because I caught the early bus, I would have been late and wet as well!
Later that day, I realized that I had forgotten my wallet and couldn’t buy lunch. I couldn’t believe it. Then my friend Lisa said that she could share her lunch with me.
Finally, my elder brother told me that night that he could take me to the concert that I’d been dying to attend that weekend. I was so happy.
I think that was the best day I’d had in a long time.
What a lucky day !