1. They _____in the school, ______ them are working hard.
A. study all, all B. all study, all of C. study all, all of D. all study, all
2. My grandma is used __________ in China.
A. to live B. living C. to living D. to lives
3. He always got full ________ on a test when he was in junior high school.
A. mark B. a mark C. marks D. a marks
4. When I was in trouble, my teacher always _____ me to keep up my courage.
A. tell B. praised C. ask D. encouraged
5. In spring, he used to have problems ______.
A. to breath B. breathing C. breath D. breathe
6. We had _____ camping in a tent last week.
A. a lot fun B. lots of fun C. a lot funny D. a fun
7. He is _____ scared of dogs.
A. a bit of B. a bit C. a little of D. a few
8. Last week, he caught _______. He couldn’t go to school.
A. a bit cold B. a bit of cold C. a bit a cold D. a bit of a cold
9. They are looking forward _____ the World Cup.
A. to watch B. watches C. watch D. to watching
10. The teacher ______ Tom to pass the English exam.
A. wishes B. hopes C. will wish D. will hope
11. Who has helped you _______?
A. best B. most C. many D. good
12. I want to make my parents _____ me.
A. proud of B. pride of C. proud D. pride
13. Her mother was out. She stayed at home _____, but she didn’t feel _____.
A. alone, alone B. lonely, lonely C. lonely, alone D. alone, lonely
14. Do you have difficulty _____ to sleep?
A. in get B. to get C. getting D. to getting
15. —“ I will go for it in the entrance examination” means_______
A. I’ll catch the examination
B. I’ll do well in the examination
C. I’ll pass the examination
D. I’ll try my best to pass the examination
1. My father always remembers _______ (win) first prize for the examination.
2. _______ (be) a volunteer is helpful to a middle school student.
3. Are you looking forward to _________ (travel) in the summer holiday?
4. He learned ______ (ride) a bike when he was four years old.
5. When I lose my heart, I __________ (encourage) by my teacher and parents. I’m thankful for them.
6. Do you have difficulty in ________ (communicate) with others?
7. He had some problems _________ (find) my home yesterday.
8. Remember ____________ (bring) your homework to school tomorrow.
9. They plan to do their best ________ (achieve) their aim.
10. Phrasal verbs are ____________ (most) used in speaking.
1. He used _____ be scared _______ dogs when he was young.
2. His schoolbag is full ______ homework.
3. He often gets full marks _______ tests.
4. He learned __________ speak some English when he as fifty years old.
5. Last year, they camped ______ a tent for a week.
6. Who raised the most money _______ charity?
7. He is working hard ______ English this year.
8. I want to make my parents and teachers proud ______me.
9. What happened ______ you?
10. The problem _______ students ______ English is to improve their listening.
1~5 BCCDB 6~10 BBCDA 11~15 BADCD
1. winning 2. Being 3. traveling 4. to ride 5. was encouraged 6. communicating
7. finding 8. to bring 9. to achieve 10. mostly
1. to, of 2. of 3. on 4. to 5. in 6. for 7. at 8. of 9. to 10. for, of
1. I always remember getting a bad score once at junior high school.
2. He used to be scared of teachers.
3. He has a sore throat. He has lost his voice.
4. I made many friends in the first year.
5. I hope to go for it in the final exam.
6. I work hard, I’m no longer bottom of class.
7. What he said made me sad.