【2012贵州铜仁】26 About ____of the students in Grade Nine this year were born in the_____.
A. three five; 1996.B. three fifths; 1990s
C. third fifth; 1997. D. third fifths; 1990s
【2011湖北恩施】32. He wrote his ______ novel when he was ______.
A. five; fiftiesB. fifth; fiftyC. fifth; fiftieth
【2012 湖北黄石】29.Let me tell you ______news about cellphones(手机)—Apple asks Samsung to stop copying, and hundreds of people lined up to buy iPhone 4S.
A.a B.many C.some D.few
m【2012湖北随州】23.May is the _____ month of a year.
A. fifty B. fifteen C.fifth D. five
【2012甘肃鸡西市】22. A_____girl named Dong Xinyi looked after her disabled father.
A. three-year-oldB. three-years-oldC. three years old
【2012湖北宜昌】36. —Our school is going to hold the Culture Festival.
—I see. And we can take part in activities.
A. tenth; tenth B. ten; tenth C. tenth; ten D. ten; ten
【2012江苏连云港】14.—The volunteers sent books to a mountain village school on Children’s Day.
A. two hundreds of B. two hundred of
C. two hundreds D. two hundred
【2012江苏苏州】8. The chairperson received about three ______ applications to join the Bird watching Club.
A. hundred B. hundreds of C. hundred of D. hundreds
【2012江苏无锡】1. The action film has attracted millions of young people to the cinema.
A. 130-minuteB. 130-minutesC. 130 minuteD.130 minutes
【2012江苏宿迁】7. Our school is so famous that people come and visit it every term.
A. hundred B. hundreds C. hundred of D. hundreds of
【2012江苏宿迁】6. —There is milk in the fridge. Please buy some on your way home.
A. much B. many C. little D. few
【2012江苏镇江】14. Some word puzzles in this book are ____ difficult that _____ students can solve them.
A． such; few B. such; little C. so; few D. so; little
【广东省】29. --- how was your weekend?
---- Great! It was my grandfather’s _______ birthday. We enjoyed ourselves.
A. seventy B. seventieth C. the seventieth D. seventeenth
1. I arrived late to the January Sales and there were ___________ bargains left to be snapped up, so I came home empty-handed.
a) tons of
b) masses of
c) very little
d) hardly any
2. Which sentence includes an informal spoken English quantifier meaning a large quantity?
a) I’m absolutely exhausted. My boss has given me loads of work to get on with.
b) I’m absolutely exhausted. My boss has given me agreat deal of work to get on with.
c) I’m absolutely exhausted. My boss has given me an enormous amount of work to get on with.
d) I’m absolutely exhausted. My boss has given me very many work to get on with.
3. I sometimes feel lonely herebecause I have ___________ friends in this country. Back home I know lots of people.
a) a few
b) so few
c) a little
4. I don’t feel confident about going to France for the weekend as I speak ___________ French.
a) very little
b) a little
c) so much
d) so few
5. She felt very depressed on her birthday as she received ___________card or present.
a) so few
b) loads of
c) hardly any
d) not a single
6. Complete the following sentence with an informal, colloquial quantifier that means a lot.
“He should pay the bill at the restaurant. He’s got ___________.”
a) much money
b) many money
c) a large amount of money
d) bags of money
1) d, 2) a, 3) b, 4) a, 5) d, 6) d.