1. Some kind people found a phone and went out of their way by placing signs all over。
2. Saudi cleric Sheikh Mohamad al-Arefe set a refrigerator outside that now serves as a food donation drop-off and pick-up point for people who need it。
3. In 2009, Daniel Black was paralyzed after breaking his neck in a cycling accident. He was determined to walk again and raised money for his surgery to get him back on his feet. But after reading the story of six-year-old cerebral palsy sufferer Brecon Vaughan, who also needed surgery to help him walk again, Black gave him the $37,000 he had collected. Brecon had his operation in October 2013.
4.Fans hold up a handicapped friend at a Korn concert。
5. When Hurricane Sandy hit the east coast, many people were without electricity. This person was thoughtful of others。
6. These thoughtful people apologized in advance for their crying babies on their first flight。
7. Glen James was a homeless man who found a backpack stuffed with $42,000. He turned it over to the police rather than keeping it. After reading about his honest act, Ethan Whittington set up a fund for Glen and strangers from all over the world donated a total of $148,000. This kind, honest man is not homeless anymore。
8. This local cleaner offers free dry cleaning to unemployed people。
9. A runner carries her competition to the finish line。
10. This man risked his life to save a kangaroo from a flood。
11. Faith in corporate humanity。
12. A NY police officer gave boots to a homeless man。
13. Harold Jellicoe Percival, a WWII war veteran, died a single man without friends or family. Sergeant Rick Clement asked others online to give former Bomber Command veteran the send off he deserved. It went viral and over 700 strangers attended his funeral. Some people drove hundreds of miles to pay their respects。
A girl and a boy were on a motorcycle, speeding through the night.
they loved each other a lot.
girl:" Slow down a little.. I'm scared.."
boy: "no, it's so fun.."
girl: "please... it's so scary.."
boy: "then say that you love me.."
girl: "fine..i love you..can you slow down now?"
boy: "give me a big hug.."
the girl gave him a big hug.
girl: "now can you slow down?"
boy: "can you take off my helmet and put it on? it's uncomfortable and? It's bothering me while i drive."
the next day, there was a story in the newspaper. a motorcycle had crashed into a buildingbecause its brakes were broken.
there were two people on the motorcycle, of which one died, and the other had survived...
the guy knew that the brakes were broken. he didn\'t want to let the girl know, because he knew that the girl would have gotten scared.
instead, he was told the last time that she loved him, got a hug from her,put his helmet on her so that she can live, and die himself...
once in awhile, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale...
男 孩：“你可以脱下我的头盔并自己戴上吗?它让我感到不舒服，还干扰我驾车。” 第二天，报纸报道：一辆摩托车因为刹车失灵而撞毁在一幢建筑物上
My aunt died back in about 2003. She was eighty-four and so was my uncle. When she passed he was devastated. They had been married for over 60 years. We expected him to pass on quickly after she died. He attended his church more frequently and his mourning was nearly unbearable to witness. His only daughter lived clear across the country so he had only the rest of the extended family and church family to comfort him.
My cousin talked him into selling the house that he and my aunt had built together about twenty-five years before. It was very hard to part with the home they built together. He was going to move into an apartment, but at the last moment, my cousin and he saw a new house for sale, that was close to his business. She helped him buy furniture and a flat screen television. He had not watched television for years because of his religion. He was like a kid with a new toy but still grieved horribly for my aunt.
One day he called my cousin who was living in Texas and told her that he reconnected with a lady from a church that he and my aunt went to forty years previously. She played piano and his church was looking for new music. Her husband had died about seven years previously. He said he just wanted someone to go out to dinner with and spend time with. We were happy for them but had no idea how it would turn out. They were both almost eighty-seven years old.
They were like lovebirds and spent as much time together as they could. They both had one child each, she a son, he a daughter. She had a house that her father built for her when she got married to her first husband. She was content there.
The other fly in the ointment was that they were both very busy people. They both still worked! They were in their mid-eighties and both had their own family businesses. She worked for her son who took over the family business and he had his own business.
The clash in their relationship came when they neither wanted to leave their respective churches. She went to her Baptist church that she had attended for many years and he went to his, which was a Pentecostal. They decided to remain friends but nothing more. He was broken-hearted, but felt that his religion was the only way. She didn’t want to leave her church and didn’t like the extreme of his.
Before too long they realized that they did not want to be apart. They would find a new church together. They planned to marry. When he took her to a jewelry store and bought her a diamond, the employees were so impressed that they had a big write up in our own local paper, "'The Truth' for Valentines' Day." They prepared for their wedding. They moved the wedding date up because neither wanted to wait any longer to "be together," and it was not proper to "be together" without being married.
They got married in her house, where they decided they would live. It was such a beautiful refreshing thing to see, two people who you would have thought had pretty much lived their lives, were beginning a new one together. I have never seen my uncle happier. He is still in love and she loves him as much as he loves her.
轻轻家教与您分享爱的英语故事阅读。 感谢您的观看！如果还有其他问题可以拨打免费电话：4000-766-177！或者关注轻轻家教官方公众号：changingedu 名师为您在线答疑！还有更多学习资料、升学宝典等着你！