1. We work five days _________ week. A. a B. an C. the D. /
2. ____book on the desk is ____ useful one. A. The; an B. A ; a C. The ; a D. The ; /
3. We can't see ____ sun at ____ night. A. a; / B. a; the C. the; /.D. the; the
4. After _______ supper, he stayed at home and played _______ piano.
A. the; the B. /; the C. /; a D. /; /
5. I have two dogs.____ black one is two years old and ____ yellow one is three years old.
A. A; a B. The; a C. The; the D. A; the
6. I've tried it three times. Let me try ______ fourth time. A. a B. an C. the D. /
7. In the word "poridge" ____ "r" is lost. A. the B. an C. a D. /
8. English is ____ useful language in ___ world. A. an; the B. a; the C. the; the D. an; an
9. __ new bridge has been built over __ Huangpu River. A. The; a B. A; / C. A; the D. An; an
10. This is ___ orange. ___ orange is on the table. A. a; The B. an; The C. an; An D. the; An
11. -Have you seen ____ bag? I left it here just now. -Is it ___ one on the chair near the door?
A. a; a B. the; the C. a; the D. the; a
12. I have ____ blue coat. A. a B. an C. the D. some
13.This is _______ apple. It's_______ big apple. A. an; a B. a; the C. a; an D. an; the
14. They passed our school _______ day before yesterday. A. an B. one C. a D. the
15._____ woman over there is ___ popular teacher in our school.
A. A; an B. The; a C. The; the D. A; the
16.This is _____interesting story-book and it is also _____ useful one.
A. a; a B. an; an C. an; a D. a; an
17. The museum is quite far. It will take you half ___ hour to go there by _____bus.
A. an; / B. an; a C. a; / D. /; /
18. Bill is _____English teacher. He likes playing _______ football.
A. a; the B. an; the C. a; / D. an; /
19. Shanghai is in______ east of China. A. / B. an C. the D. a