22. My grandpa often told _____ interesting stories.
A. I B. me C. my D. mine
23. The meeting will begin ________ 4:30 this afternoon. Don’t forget it.
A. on B. in C. at D. for
24. --- Can you come and play with us this evening?
--- I’d love to, ___________I have a lot of homework to do.
A. and B. so C. or D. but
25. Spring is coming and there ________ flowers everywhere.
A. is B. are C. was D. were
26. --- __________ are all these together?
A. How much B. How many C. How long D. How often
27. --- ________ you play international chess?
--- No, I can’t. But I can play Chinese chess.
A. Must B. Need C. May D. Can
28. She kept _________ hard at her physics and finally caught up with us.
A. work B. worked C. working D. to work
29. I think Book 6 is ________ than Book 5.
A. much difficult B. very difficult C. more difficult D. the most difficult
30. We ________ a sports meeting if it is fine next Wednesday.
A. have B. had C. have had D. will have
31. Mr Brown, I have ________ special to show you. Guess what it is.
A. something B. anything C. everything D. nothing
32. My classmate, Ann, ________ five Oxford Bookworm novels already.
A. has read B. reads C. will read D. read
33. The city walls _______ forty years ago. What a pity!
A. destroyed B. destroy C. are destroyed D. were destroyed
34. I didn’t know ______ last year.
A. where he lives B. where does he live
C. where he lived D. where did he live