I. Choose the best answer. (30%)
1. There are more than 15 ________ people in Beijing.
A. million of B. million C. millions of D. millions
2. My sister enjoys ________ on weekends.
A. swim B. swimming C. swims D. swam
3. ________ can we travel to Beijing?
A. How B. Where C. What D. Which
4. - Wow! It takes me about ________ to get there.
- Yes, the traffic is awful.
A. one and a half hour B. one hour and a half
C. one and half hours D. one hour and half hour
5. We will got to Hangzhou ________.
A. take a train B. take the train C. by the train D. by train
6. People don't usually wear ________ in summer.
A. uniforms B. T-shirts C. dresses D. scarves
7. Japan is ________ the east of China.
A. in B. to C. at D. on
8. ________ city is the capital of Thailand?
A. Which B. What C. Where D. When
9. Look, the new flat is ________ for us. We are very happy to live in.
A. big enough B. enough big C. small enough D. enough small
10. There are ________ oranges left in the fridge. Go and buy some.
A. few B. a few C. little D. a little
11. This is ________ air ticket to Dalian.
A. a B. an C. the D. /
12. Would you like ________ a cup of coffee?
A. have B. has C. having D. to have
13. - Look, there ________ enough space in your school bag.
- Good, I can put more books inside.
A. is B. are C. was D. were
14. My grandparents ________ to Los Angeles before.
A. went B. have gone C. have been D. go
15. My favorite outdoor activity is ________.
A. playing the piano B. watching TV C. seeing films D. collecting stamps
16. In the past, bus conductors collected money ________ the passengers.
A. of B. to C. with D. from
17. Kitty is sick, so she won't come to do the survey. Lily will come ________.
A. also B. too C. instead D. either
18. Maybe, ________ will be more flyovers（天桥） in Shanghai.
A. it B. there C. they D. this
19. There are many books on the desk, but ________ of them is about English.
A. all B. neither C. none D. both
20. The little boy has become much ________.
A. strongest B. stronger C. strong D. the strongest
21. Winter comes, and the weather is getting ________.
A. warm and warm B. warmer and warmer C. colder and colder D. cold and cold
22. - Where is John?
- I don't know. But I saw him ________ in the playground a moment ago.
A. played B. playing C. plays D. to play
23. You look ________. What's wrong, Linda?
A. happy B. happily C. sad D. sadly
24. Susan holds her umbrella ________ in the street when the wind blows ________.
A. gently…lightly B. quickly…suddenly C. tightly…fiercely D. immediately…slightly
25. When a typhoon comes, we ________ close the windows.
A. needn't B. shouldn't C. may D. should
26. Nowadays, we can see more and more ________ on the buses.
A. woman drivers B. woman's drivers C. women's drivers D. women drivers
27. There will be ________ underground trains and ________ pedicabs（三轮车）in Shanghai.
A. much…less B. more…less C. more…fewer D. more…less
28. -How many of you have been to Hong Kong before?
A. None B. No C. Nothing D. Nobody
29. I like to go on a picnic ________ a sunny day.
A. on B. in C. for D. of
30. What do you think may happen in ________ time?
A. twenty years B. twenty-years C. twenty years' D. twenty year's
II. Complete the sentences with the given words in their proper forms. (12%)
1. Would you please find some ________ (trolley) for me?
2. Where's my ________ (board) card? I can't find it.
3. Has Jenny ________ (buy) enough dumplings for lunch?
4. Please tell me the ________ (depart) time and the arrival time of this flight/
5. ________ (tour) usually go window-shopping in big cities.
6. I think he'll ________ (possible) be a scientist in the future.
7. The notice is important. She read it very ________ just now. (careful)
8. After typhoon, many street ________ work on the street. (clean)
9. Close the door ________ or you will wake the baby up. (gentle)
10. People like flying kites on ________ days. (wind)
11. We should wait for the green man at the ________. (cross)
12. Ships and boats ________ in the big waves when the typhoon came. (sink)
III. Fill in the blanks with verbs in their proper forms. (10%)
1. - What ________ you ________ (do) last weekend?
________ (stay) at home and ________ (watch) TV.
2. ________ (not worry). We ________ (help) you with your lessons.
3. Mr. and Mrs. Smith ________ (take) their son to the park next Sunday.
4. The twins ________ (be) at home yesterday morning.
5. Rose ________ (have) lunch at school every day.
6. My sister ________ in the Youth League since 1985. (be)
7. By the time he was twelve, Edison ________ to make a living by himself. (begin)
8. Joan asked Kate if she ________ the next day. (leave)
9. I ________ a letter to my sister this time yesterday. (write)
10. Jack ________ a hard time at the office at the moment. (have)
IV. Fill in the blanks with the proper phrase. (5%)
1. - How did you spend your weekend?
-I just ________ and watched TV.
2. -Wendy goes dancing once a week.
-________ she dances so well.
3. - Why are you ________?
-It's 7:50. Our lesson will begin at eight.
4. Martin ________ video-making last term.
5. I like reading. It ________ my knowledge.
V. Complete the following passage with the words or phrases in the box. Each can only be used once. (5%)
Last weekend when I was in the street, a ________ stopped me and asked the way. I learn English for some time, but I still had trouble understanding him because he spoke very fast! I was so excited and nervous that I took a deep breath before I could answer. I ________ my pen and a piece of paper to draw a map for him. I wrote the key words on the map. After a few minutes he ________ with the map. This was the first time for me to help a foreigner and get a lot of thanks. It ________ me only ten minutes, but I felt it opened a window to a new ________ for me.
VI. Rewrite the sentence as required. (16%)
1. Mum will make some cakes for afternoon tea. （改为否定句）
Mum ________ make ________ cakes for afternoon tea.
2. John has already been to Ocean Park. （改为一般疑问句）
________ John been to Ocean Park ________?
3. He cleans those rooms every day. （对划线部分提问）
________ ________ does he clean those rooms?
4. It is ten minutes' walk from school to my home. （对划线部分提问）
________ ________ is it from school to your home?
5. We can see people flying kites in the countryside when there is a gentle wind.（对划线部分提问）
________ ________ you see when there is a gentle wind?
6. Leaves are blowing slightly in the park. （对划线部分提问）
________ ________ leaves blowing in the park?
7. Perhaps I will be a fireman in the future. （保持原句意思）
I will ________ ________ a fireman in the future.
8. Nowadays, more people go to work by underground. （对划线部分提问）
________ ________ more people go to work by underground?
VII. Answer the questions. (12%)
Lots of kids love animals and dream of having a pet. But not every family can have a pet. So, in many Western countries such as America, Britain and Australia, primary and middle school classes have their own pets. Looking after a pet is not as easy as you may think! Fish and turtles (海龟) need clean water and the fight food. Hamsters (仓鼠) and rabbits need fresh vegetables and a warm place to sleep. Even little mice need good care! What would you feed a pet mouse? How about snakes?
Class pets teach kids about nature and being responsible. Sometimes the pets have babies. It's very exciting but it also means more animals to take care off!
Students take turns to take care of their class pet. Every week the pet has a new "mum and dad" to look after them.
You may want to know what happens to the class pet during school holidays. At the end of term, the teacher chooses a responsible student. This lucky student keeps the pet at his or her home for the holidays.
1. What do kids who love animals dream of?
2. What can primary and middle school classes have in many Western countries?
3. Looking after a pet is very easy, isn't it?
4. Do students take turns to take care of their class pet?
5. Who keeps the pet at his or her home for the holidays?
6. Would you like to have a class pet? Why?
VIII. Read the passage and fill in the blanks with proper words. (10%)
Coffee has become the most popular American drink. Today people in the USA drink m________ coffee than those in any other county. People drink coffee at breakfast, at lunch, at dinner and between meals. They drink hot coffee or coffee with i________ in it. They drink it at work o________ at home. Some people like black coffee b________ it can help them work longer and keep them thin. O________ people like coffee with milk or sugar, or both milk and sugar in it. Coffee is an international drink now.
"If you want to see a thing well, reach out and touch it!"
That may seem a strange thing to say. But touching things can help you to see them b________.
Your eyes can tell you that glasses ball is r________. But by holding it in your hands, you can feel how smooth and cool the ball is. You can feel how heavy the glass is.
W ________ your skin, you can feel more. For example, your fingers can tell the difference between two coins in your pocket. You can feel a little drop of w________ on the back of your hand, too.
All children s________ learn what "Don't touch!" means. They hear it often. In shops, we touch things we might buy, such as food, clothes and so on. To see something well, we have to touch it.
I 1-5 BBABD 6-10 DBAAA 11-15 BDACD 16-20 DCBCB 21-25 CBCCD 26-30 DCAAC
II 1.trolleys 2.boarding 3.bought 4.departure 5.Tourists 6. possibly 7.carefully 8.cleaners 9.gently 10.windy 11.crossing 12.sank
III 1.did, do, stayed, watched 2.Don't worry, will help 3.will take 4.were 5.has 6.has been 7.had begun 8.would leave 9.was writing 10.is having
IV 1.stayed in 2.No wonder 3.in a hurry 4.took up 5.enriches
V 1.foreigner 2.took out 3.left 4.took 5.world
VI 1. won't any 2. Has, yet 3. How often 4. How far 5. What can 6. How are 7. possibly be 8. When do
VII 1. They dream of having a pet.
2. They can have their own pets.
3. No, it isn't.
4. Yes, they do.
5. A responsible student.
6. Any reasonable answer is acceptable.
VIII 1.more 2.ice 3.or 4.because 5.Other 6.better 7.round 8.With 9.water 10.soon