21. _________ a football match next week.
A. There will have B. There be C. There will be D. There was
22. Who runs ___________, Bob, Tom or Dave?
A. fast B. faster C. the faster D. fastest
23. —_______ was Lily born, Lucy? —On June 13th, 1992.
A. How B. Where C. When D. What
24. “What does he do?” means “____________?”
A. Who is he B. Where is he C. What is he D. What is he doing
25. Bill said they would have _________ holiday.
A. a three—day B. three days C. three—days D. three—day’s
26. Let ______ help _______.
A. they, you B. us, your C. her, their D. us, you
27. She ________ Shanghai with her parents last Sunday.
A. got in B. reached C. arrived D. arrived at
28. Mr. Green is a short man _____ long hair.
A. with B. in C. has D. grows
29.There are five _________ students in my school.
A. hundreds of B. hundred of C. hundred D. hundreds
30. — Was there a computer in your study? — _________
A. Yes, there is. B. No, there isn’t. C. Yes, there was. D. No, there was.
31. It often _______ here in autumn every year.
A. rained B. will rain C. rains D. is raining
32.He finished ________ the book and returned it to the library.
A. read B. to read. C. reading D.reads
33. Because Tom was ill yesterday, _________ he didn’t to school.
A. so B. but C. / D. and
34. When __________ you come here? We __________ here last week.
A. do; come B. do; came C. did; came D. did; come
35. ________ is easy for us ________ English well.
A. That, learn B. It, to learn C. Its, learning D. This, to learn
Maria Gomez was born in Peru. She grew up in a small village. She 36 when she was six years old. She went to elementary school, but she 37 to high school. Her family was very 38_and she had to go to work when she was thirteen years old. She 39 in a shoe factory.
When Maria was seventeen years old, her family 40__to the United States. First they lived in Los Angeles, and then they moved to San Francisco. When Maria 41 __in the United States, she was not happy.
She missed her friends in Peru, and she didn't 42__ a word of English. She began to study English at night, 43__ worked in a factory during the day.
Maria studied very hard, and now she speaks English well. She’s still 44__at night, but now she is studying typing. She wants 45 in Peru. Maria still misses her friends in Peru. But she is very happy now, and she hopes she will have a good future in the new country.
36. A. went to school B. go to school C. goes to school D. begins school
37. A. went B .didn't go C. began D. wasn't
38. A. rich B. poor C. happy D. glad
39. A. works B. is working C. is going to work D. worked
40. A. moved B. go C. stayed D. lived
41. A. reached B. arrived C. got D. moved
42. A. tell B. talk C. know D. say
43. A. when B. so C. or D. and
44. A. studying B. studied C. study D. studies
45. A. to do B. do C. to be D. be
When you are in England, you must be more careful in the street because the traffic drives on the left. Before you cross the street, you must look to the right first and then left.
In the morning and in the evening, when people go to or come from work, the streets are very busy. Traffic is the most dangerous then.
When you go by bus in England, you have to be careful, too. Always remember the traffic moves on the left. So you must be more careful, have a look first or you will go wrong.
In many English cities, there are big buses with two floors. You can sit on the second floor. From there you can see the city very well.
46. In England the traffic drives______.
A. on the right B. in the middle C. on the left D. in the front
47. When you cross the street, you must look to _______.
A. the left first B. the right first C. the front first D. the back first
48. In the morning and in the evening the streets become busy because________.
A. the people go to work B. the people come from work
C. the weather is fine D. both A and B
49. The big buses with two floors in the England are _______in China.
A. 单层公共汽车 B. 双层公共汽车 C. 地铁 D. 长途公共汽车
Sandwich was an Englishman. He lived in the 18th century(世纪). Sandwich was rich, but he liked to play cards (纸牌) for money. He often played for 24 hours, and didn't even stop to have his meals. He ordered(命令) his servants (仆人) to bring him some meat and bread. He put the meat between the two pieces of bread and held the food in his left hand while he played cards with his right hand. People liked Sandwich’s idea, and from then on they ate bread and meat as Sandwich did.
From the name of the man, Sandwich, we have the word of the food “sandwich” today.
50. Sandwich was the _________.
A. name of a servant
B. name of a man with a lot of money
C. poor man who lived on playing cards
D. name of food which was liked by the rich
51. People liked Sandwich’s idea because_________.
A. bread, together with meat was cheap
B. he always won when he played cards
C. they liked Sandwich himself
D. when they ate with one of their hands they could do something with the other.
52. Today, “sandwich” is __________.
A. also a name of a rich man
B. two pieces of bread with meat in between
C. not interested in playing cards
D. not liked by most of the people
Bill Gates was born on October 28th, 1955. He grew up in Seattle, Washington. Bill Gates was named William Henry after his father and grandfather. He was a very clever boy. His favorite subject at school were science and math.
When he was 13 years old, Bill started to play with computers. At that time, computers were very large machines. Once he was interested in a very old computer. He and some of his friends spent lots of time doing unusual things with it. In the end, they worked out a software program with the old machine. Bill sold it for 4, 200 dollars when he was only 17.
In 1973, Bill went to Harvard University. At Harvard, he developed the BASIC language for the first microcomputer(微型计算机). In his third year, he left Harvard to work for a company called Microsoft. Bill began this company in 1975 with his friend Paul Allen. They thought that the computer would be a very important tool in every office and in every home, so they began developing software for personal computers. They improved the software to make it easier for people to use computer.
53. He developed the BASIC language for the first microcomputer______.
A. in Seattle B. in Washington C. in New York D. at Harvard
54. When did he begin Microsoft Company with his friend?______
A. He was 13 years old. B. He was 17 years old. C. He was 18 years old. D. He was 20 years old.
55. Why did they develop software for personal computer?______
A. They thought the computer would be a very important tool.
B. They wanted to make it easier for people to use computers.
C. They wanted to get much more money.
D. They were interested in it.
56. The ____________ (child) are flying kites in the park.
57. This pen is Kate’s and that one is ___________. (my)
58. Look! Ann ____________ (clean) her room.
59. It’s ten o’clock. I must __________ (go) now.
60. Mr. Black ___________ (read) newspapers every day.
61. How about ___________ (watch) TV?
62. Will you __________(fly) to Shanghai the day after tomorrow?
63. It is raining ___________ (heavy) now.
64. Table tennis is ____________ (popular) than baseball in China.
65.Lucy is ___________ (good) at maths than Tom.
66.中国因瓷器而闻名。China is ___________ ___________ china.
67.下周六我们将领你参观我们的学校。We are going to __________ you __________ our school next Sunday.
68. 汤姆捡起包冲了出去。Tom __________ __________ the bag and rushed out of the house.
69. 不要冲别人喊，那是不礼貌的。Don’t ___________ ___________ others, it’s not polite.
70. 昨天科学家们穿过了那片森林。Yesterday the scientists ___________ ___________ the forest.
71. Lucy did her homework at home.(改为否定句)Lucy ___________ ___________ her homework at home.
72. He found some meat in the fridge.(改为一般疑问句) ___________ he __________ any meat in the fridge?
73. She stayed there for a week.(对划线部分提问)___________ ___________ did she stay there?
74. Liza was late for school because she was ill. (对划线部分提问)_________ ___________ Lisa late for school?
75. He could play the piano at the age of five. (改为同义句)He could play the piano ________ he _________ five.
Betty: When were you born, Grandpa?
Grandfather: I was born in April 1940.
Grandfather: I was born in Tianjin.
Betty: _______________________________________(77) when you were a boy?
Grandfather: Yes, I rode a bike to school.
Betty: Did you watch television?
Grandfather: _____________________________(78). We didn’t have a TV.
Grandfather: In summer my brother and I visited my aunt near the sea.
Betty: And did you travel by car?
Grandfather: No, we didn’t. _____________________________(80).
We travelled by train.
It was d__81 _ to find jobs in the north of England, and when John lost h 82__, he found it impossible(不可能) to get a new one. So he d_83___ to go down to the s____84__ of the country, where he had heard that it was easier to find work. So he went to the station and g 85_ on a train that was going to London.
He was the only person in his car when a 86__ man rushed in carrying a gun( 枪) and said, “ Your money , or your life?”
“I haven’t got any money.” John answered, f___87__ of fear.
“Then why are you trembling(发抖) so much?” the man w__88__ gun asked him angrily .
“B_89__ I thought you were the ticket collector, and I haven’t even got a ticket, ” a___90___ John.
81.d_________ 82.h_________83.d__________84. s________ 85.g ________
86.a_________ 87.f_________88.w__________89. B________ 90. a________