Dear Tina, The train took me to the city of Pisa in the morning. Of course, first of all, I went to see the Leaning Tower of Pisa. It is such a strange building that I took a lot of photos. At lunch time, I ate pizza in Pisa. Don’t you think it’s very interesting? In the afternoon, I visited a nearby church. I enjoyed its architecture and atmosphere, so I stayed there for quite a long time. Tomorrow I’ll go back to Rome and spend one day there. And I am flying to London the day after tomorrow. Best wishes John
( ) 1. The postcard is from Tina to John.
( ) 2. Tina lives in North London.
( ) 3. John is spending his holiday in Italy.
( ) 4. John didn’t like visiting the churches in Italy.
( ) 5. According to the postcard, John will go back to London in two days.
1. 答案：B 开头是写信对象Tina，署名为写信人。所以是from John to Tina.
2. 答案：A 根据文末署名的地址Miss Tina Walton 11/5 Highbury North London可知。
3. 答案：A 全文都是John叙述在意大利的经历。
4. 答案：B 文章述In the afternoon, I visited a nearby church.
5. 答案：A 文章述And I am flying to London the day after tomorrow.这里的the day after tomorrow相当于in two days.
二. 阅读下文，选择合适的答案，在答题卡上涂A,B,C或者D。每题只有一个正确答案。(每题5分，共25分） London Do you plan to visit London? There are many English sights to see, but there are many other sights, sounds, and foods too. London is a city with many different groups of people with foods,
clothes, dances, and many other things from around the world. In a visit to London, you see the world. Population The population of the city of London is about seven million. Over two million of these people are from foreign countries. People speak over 300 different languages in London. Eat There is food from more than 55 different countries in London’s restaurants. There is even food from countries such as Tanzania, Peru, and Mongolia. At food markets, you can buy vegetables and fruits from all over the world. See In the neighborhoods of London, there are people from many countries with many different clothing and dances. You can go to London’s many museums and see old and modem art from all over the world. Hear London is a center of world music. There are music stores, dance clubs，and radio stations here. London has music from around the world, and people make new kinds of music here too. Bhangra music mixes the sounds of Punjabi music with popular European and African music. It is now popular worldwide.
6. Does the heading of each section give you an idea of what the section is about?
A. Yes. B. No. C. Sometimes. D. Never.
7. About_____________ foreign-born people live in London.
A. seven million B. two million C. three hundred D. 55 million
8. You can buy___________ in London Markets.
A. food from Tanzania and Peru B. vegetables and fruits from different parts of the world C. food from 55 different restaurants D. food only from Britai
9. Which section gives the overall main idea of the passage?
A. Section 1: London B. Section 2: Population C. Section 4: See D. Section 5: Hear
10. What is the best title of the passage?
A. London’s markets B. London, a famous city C. A festival in London D. The world in a city
6. 答案：A 解析：该题是考查heading小标题的功能。
7. 答案：B 文章述Over two million of these people are from foreign countries.
8. 答案：B 文章述 At food markets, you can buy vegetables and fruits from all over the world.
9. 答案：A 文章通过population, eat, see, hear四个角度来讲述London. 所以整篇文章还是围绕着London. 10.答案：D A,C选项过于片面，D过于笼统。